Wednesday, March 31, 2010

oh cactus, my cactus

on superbowl sunday 2008 I ran into a cactus. (when I originally wrote about said cactus I think I referred to it as an "attack")

even for me, that feels like a bizarre sentence to write. I am especially good at remembering my position in the time-space continuum. (My mother will arbitrarily ask things like "where were you during the summer of 1991" and I will have an answer. odd, huh)

yesterday, I said "hi" to my little cacti friend as I rode happily by on my motorcycle. I realize though if stinger (the motorcycle) were to collide with the cacti I'd probably still lose.

I'm not sure if the cacti really has any other significance. I still have a scar from the altercation, the cacti appears unharmed. I had been running on a bum hip for about 6 months before that morning and I think the additional weakness from the incident was my undoing.

In other news, my Garmin arrived - buying the not latest model lowered the price enough to spring for quick shipping. Next time I run there will be data. Oh, how I love looking at data, massaging it and making it tell me what I want to hear.

Oh data, my data.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to know all about how you massage your data. There are other programs you can use in conjunction with the garmin that give you really granular data.... I can't wait to hear what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete